Friday, January 1, 2010

"It Is What It Is"

Over recent weeks I've adopted a new mantra of sorts on any given day, at any given time you might hear me say these five little words--"It is what it is"--You know the feeling, maybe you just describe it a little different than I do.

Have you ever felt like you're stuck--not smack dab in the middle of a hurricane since after all that's the calmest place to be--in a raging storm -- wind whipping your hair, tearing at your clothing and just all-around making you feel like you're on unstable ground???

The past few weeks life has been a bit up in the air. They've launched yet another reorg at work and I've yet to learn who my new boss is or if the project I'm working on will continue far into the new year... I've been scrambling along with the rest of the Primary presidency to make sure we have enough teachers for the classes this coming year. Hopefully it won't be too chaotic come Sunday at 10:20am when the kiddles head our way...throw in a roommate with strep and the traditional gloom that for whatever reason comes along with the holiday season (maybe it the fact it still dark at 7:30am) I'm ready for a fresh start.

So I've been waiting a while for inspiration to hit so I might have some idea which direction to go next and it hasn't yet. Around here we might look oddly at each other and ask, "ever had one of those years?" Granted 2009 wasn't all bad it's always nice to have a new year and a fresh start -- if only the world would slow down for just a minute just long enough for a girl to get her sea-legs on. But since that's more than highly unlikely, I guess I'll continue to face each challenge and try not to stress if there's nothing I can do to change it...I'll just keep telling myself it is what it is.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ii thought 2009 was ALL bad. I'd like to just have it erased from my history books.

M.O.M. said...

Keeping my fingers crossed that both our Primaries go smoothly today. We are only one teacher short so things should work out.

Tianna said...

I heard there was major reorganization. I'll keep my fingers crossed for your sanity and hopefully a smaller workload when all is said and done.

kam said...

Oh the never ending problems to "solve" in primary. It sounds like work is quite crazy too! Sorry life has been such a stormy adventure lately....Here's to better days in 2010!!! :)

p.s. hope Tobs is feeling better too! :)

You've Gotta Love This!