The other day I was inspired by something as simple as a notebook.
It’s simple really, made of recycled paper and banana fibers. I was drawn to it (and his two sisters) by the fun birds on the front (two of them have owls on them, and I’ve a minor obsession with owls these days). When I saw them at the store I had to have them, so now they are mine.
I grabbed one the other night to take notes on at a Relief Society meeting about finances and though I hesitated a little at the thought of starting yet another notebook of notes I’ll probably never look at again, I thought what the heck and I cracked the cover and started taking notes. We were about halfway through the presentation when my mind wandered a bit and I started to contemplate the inky colored fleck throughout the pages of this recycled notebook and began wondering what this notebook had been before…
Had it in fact been someone else’s notebook where he or she jotted down brilliant thoughts and crazy ideas. As I chewed on that thought this very cool notebook became something more – perhaps a little like Tom Riddle’s diary, only far less nefarious (hopefully). What secrets might these recycled pages hold and what might I be able to offer to these not-so-empty pages?
There’s just something about adding ink to a blank page that makes me feel a little freer --- I don’t know how to explain it and the wonderful thing about writing is that I’m not obligated to explain it to anyone!
What inspires you?
Is it looking at beautiful wedding photographs taken by someone else’s camera? Is it reading poetry that you could only pretend to have written? Is it picking up a piece of sidewalk chalk and just letting yourself go? Is it watching your nieces and nephews grow into remarkable people? Is it discovering an ancestor you never knew you had? What is it?
No comments:
Post a Comment