Bowling with Ashlyn -- my 15 year old niece and I went bowling. It was only her second time ever we had fun and even got a couple of strikes.
Home Alone: Toby spent a week on New Orleans for work leaving me all alone in the pink house (alone is a relative term, Gus was there but he ignored me a lot).
My last Primary Activity: I got released as the Primary secretary in our ward and got to have one last hurrah with the kids at our Scripture activity.
Meeting a "cousin": last year Toby and I decided to sign up for a membership to Ancestry.com so we could both do more family history research. Shortly after joining I created a family tree for the elusive Patrick McDermott and his family hoping that I might find a little more information about there family. A few months later I got a message from a woman named Shirley who happens to be married to one of Patrick's Great-Great-grandsons. She said she had information on the family and we emailed back and forth for awhile sharing what little information we had each gleaned about the family. We lost touch for a little while and I began focusing on Dad's side of the family. A few weeks ago Shirley reappeared in my inbox and she said they were coming to Utah for a family reunion and asked if we could meet. I of course agreed and invited Mom to come along. We spent most of on Saturday at the Family History Library in Salt Lake City talking about our own mysteries and discoveries. It was fun to meet them and make a little bit of a family connection. Shirley thinks I should write historical fiction about the McDermott family--I think that could be very fun.
My niece Sophie turned 1 in June. I still can't believe she's been around an entire year. It seems like just yesterday when I held her for the first time. She has turned into a very busy, very happy little munchkin.
Camping at Capitol Reef
No comments:
Post a Comment