Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Can You Ever Have TOO Much Jeopardy!?

Lately we've been watching a lot of Jeopardy at our house. It's become part of our nightly ritual--we eat dinner, we watch Jeopardy! Perhaps that puts us in the category of "fossil" but we don't seem to care.  The fact is Jeopardy has always been a part of my life. As long as I can remember my Dad has watched Jeopardy! on a nightly basis he even tried out a few times.  I haven't gotten that far yet (yet being the operative word) but I would love to hold of one of those clickers in my hand and try my hand at a real round of the show.  Over the past couple of weeks we've discovered a few things...
  • There's a lot of things we don't know.
  • We're often surprised at how much we do know.
  • We get a kick out of Alex Trebek. He's a funny guy.
  • Toby has declared that if she'd have known she would have named Gus "Alex Trebek"
  • Last night as we watched an episode I happened to notice that Alex wasn't wearing his glasses, then later on he was wearing his glasses to which I decreed "Alex is very sneaky." The wheels started turning and I said to Toby "Gus is very sneaky." A few more turns of the wheels "Gus IS like Alex Trebek!"
  • Jeopardy! is not so much about getting the most answers right but making the right wager in Final Jeopardy! (although having the right answer never hurts.)
  • The other night as I was making dinner I caught myself announcing my own Jeopardy debut in my best Johnny Gilbert voice.
  • I'm pondering taking the Jeopardy! contestant test (seriously--its on my to investigate list.)
In short, Jeopardy! rocks.

1 comment:

bluestocking23 said...

LOL! If you get on I am so going just to see you talk to Alex. But if you tell him I love him, we will no longer be friends. (You can tell him however that you wish you'd named your cat after him.)

Recent Ruminations (and those not so recent)

You've Gotta Love This!