Monday, June 25, 2007

I'd rather have pie

So back to the cake. I go to this wedding reception and there are a million people there. As I'm standing in line I see this fabulous chocolate cake on the plates of those who have already passed through the line. I mean this cake is luxuriant--it's even got a chocolate leaf on the top. By the time I get through the line and to the buffet tables there is no cake to be found. Its ALL gone. It was as though there was a grand conspiracy on my behalf. The cake gods were laughing in my face. So I end up stuck with a plate of fruit and pasta salad.

Then to rub salt in my fresh wounds...they cut the wedding cake. It's one of those pretty ones covered in fondant instead of frosting. I could see that inside it was white cake--not the chocolate I longed for, but it would do in a pinch--but to my dismay they weren't sharing that either. RUDE!

Who needs cake anyway? I'd rather have pie.

1 comment:

kam said...

I'm just glad you aren't on a diet.... ;) You can come over anytime and I'll be happy to make you a chocolate cake!!! I won't be stingy with MY cake ;)...it probably won't be as good as wedding cake...but hey, beggars can't be choosers.

Recent Ruminations (and those not so recent)

You've Gotta Love This!