It's moving time. I still haven't finished packing up my room. I've got a cedar chest full of stuff and a desk that's covered in miscellaneous junk. I've known about this move for a least three weeks--but have come up short in my preparation. I'm the girl who waits until the night before a paper is due to even start. Perhaps I thrive on self-imposed stress.
So this afternoon I will be speed-packing--(a technical term which here means throwing everything into boxes whether I want to keep it or not). Fortunatley, Dizzy has offered to come and help pack a few boxes and a few members of my adopted family will be coming as well to help move the big stuff. So all in all, it should be a great time.
I have learned a couple of things as I've packed my boxes...
A) I have a bunch of clothes I never wear (including too many sweaters).
B) I have an overabundance of books and stuffed animals.
an eclectic smattering of the comings and goings of a vivacious, stunning, elegant, beautiful, witty, amazing, talented, brilliant, glamorous, distinguished, fabulous, pesky, cute, trendy, magnanimous and most recently--INDOMITABLE, 30-something-year-old woman as she explores the many splendored things offered by a very strange world.
Friday, November 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Recent Ruminations (and those not so recent)
You've Gotta Love This!
Fun ways to waste your time...
- Amazing Magic Gopher
- American History Timeline
- American Memory (Library of Congress)
- Chronicling America (Library of Congress)
- Etsy
- Grand Ole Opry
- Kidz World
- Mr. Picassohead
- Page by Page Books
- Panda Cam (National Zoo, Washington, DC)
- Star Wars Shop
- United States Holocaust Memorial Museum
- Volcano Cam (Mount St. Helens, Washington)
- Wordles
4 comments:
I also have an over abundance of books and stuffed animals.
Do you think it genetic?
You haven't "moved" anything until you "move" a 2000lbs fish tank.
Dizzy, no the book thing is not genetic, however long blog posts seem to be. :)
I hear ya, we did the same thing. And I thought I had gone through things but last minutes there is always things you don't know what to do with. Ugh!!
At least you have less of those things that some people...;) Cripes!
Post a Comment