Wednesday, September 3, 2008

World Famous Face?

Last weekend we went to see Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 which happens to star America Ferrera the star of Ugly Betty. Several remarks were made about the great work the makeup guy (or gal) does to make Ms. Ferrara into Betty...because frankly Ms. Ferrara is quite a pretty young lady. I made the remark that I could relate to Betty on many levels, mainly I looked just like her in High School. Laughs followed.
Today I get this from Toby: a picture of Ugly Betty with a remark something to the effect of "Holy cow, Ugly Betty really does looks like the High School you!"

Exhibit A: High School Me

Exhibit B: Ugly Betty

A little creepy isn't it? I know the girl in Exhibit B is not me but truly Ugly Betty because former child star Lindsay Lohan was not in my Gym class...at least not to my knowledge.
Conclusion: Turns out -- I was Ugly Betty! I'm starting to wonder if the producer, writer, or whoever on the Ugly Betty crew went to school with me...the resemblance is a no less than frightening. Fortunately for me and for Betty, neither of us really look like that...anymore.
Maybe I should look into getting royalties for the uncanny use of my image...

9 comments:

z said...

Scrat is laughing so hard, I think she is going to have the baby as we speak.

AnJ. said...

I had to look twice, okay three times. wow! Yes I agree that you should be getting paid. A LOT of money for use of your image. :)

Ambo said...

Will be lauging for awhile!

bluestocking23 said...

LOL. Oh, we're quite the team and that is easily the funniest thing I've seen in many moons...you rock!

kam said...

HMMM, that's SPOOKY!!! I think it would be great for you to somehow make a little dough from this discovery. Although they may not believe it without the picture proof- because I think you are and always have been quite pretty. :)

Katie said...

Dude you need to sell that! Too funny. Who the heck is bebo?

Anonymous said...

Yep, still just as funny today! I laughed so hard I was crying for about five minutes yesterday!!

Luckily the baby was not born yesterday or you would have been responsible and therefore owed me the biggest baby gift ever!

Anonnymouse said...

and she could have named the baby "Betty"...cuz who really would name their baby America...or Amerigus (dont get me started on that d**n Walmart baby movie!

Scrat...do not have that baby at a Walmart...I will disown you if you do!

lish said...

Jess, I'm sorry. I do not read your blog nearly enough and today I was getting caught up and laughed so loud out loud that water came out of my nose. You are Betty! (I think you should be proud.)

Recent Ruminations (and those not so recent)

You've Gotta Love This!