Thursday, January 8, 2009

A Busy Day

Today marks the 11th anniversary of the day my flatmate and I met. It's hard to believe it's really been that long and we still can stand the sight of one another.

Today also marks what would have been Elvis's 74th birthday. (I still hold to the idea that the World was just not quite big enough for both Elvis and me, that's why he died just over a year after I was born). If you're completely in the dark and know nothing of Elvis, you can learn everything you ever wanted to know at www.elvis.com (there's even a live camera feed of Graceland, so you can watch and see the exact moment Elvis comes back home). Have I ever mentioned I've been to Graceland? Not actually inside, but my flatmate and I took our picture at the gates and signed our names (along with at least 6 million others) on the walls around Graceland. (This is one place I'd like to go back to and spend a lot more time exploring the city with my camera, maybe make a photo-documentary of the gates of Graceland--but now that I've said it, some one else will beat me to it--or maybe they already have).

The semester started again this week. I've got two classes: Technical Writing and Modern British Literature, which means I'll be in class on Wednesday and Thursday nights, with homework most other nights, throw in a lot of homework and my new church calling (Primary Secretary) I'm thinking the next 15 weeks are going to be a little on the crazy side.

And finally a question for you readers who travel I-15 past Centerville on a daily basis -- Is the traffic just worse on Thursdays? I drove the same route yesterday, same time of day, today it took 20 minutes longer than yesterday. Maybe Thursday is just a bad day for I-15.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thursday and firday were both terrible traffic days. it hasn't been that bad in quite a long while.

You've Gotta Love This!