Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Cancelled...

When I was a little girl it seemed like most years my Dad would make the decree that "Christmas is cancelled" much to the chagrin of his children. Luckily for us kids, Daddy's declaration never came true -- we always had Christmas. Until this year...only this time it wasn't Daddy who cancelled Christmas...it was the Flu!

Here's how my week started...I had decided to take the week off to relax and de-stress.

Monday : Primary meeting (they just called me to be the Primary secretary), lunch at the local IHOP, a movie with Friends.

Tuesday : Picked up a few last minute gifts, apparently "later" was "now", bought ingredients for Christmas Eve baked beans and Pumpkin cheesecakes, returned home to enjoy the Christmas tree and celebrate a little holiday I like to call "Christmas Eve Eve" (a tradition I started on my mission). Start feeling not so good...you know the feeling like you want to throw-up and if you could you'd feel so much better for it. About this time my flatmate start feeling queasy herself...the dreaded stomach flu that had been all through her family and the neighborhood had finally hit our house in ALL IT'S HORRIBLE GLORY. Ugh!

Wednesday (Christmas Eve) : 1:30 AM is not the best time to start your day. Sickness still hanging on by 10:00 AM I come to the very sad realization that I will not be going to First Annual Awesome Family Christmas Eve party. I really wanted to go see my family and hang out with the girls. Luckily Marge's dad was willing to run the presents up to my parents so that no one would have to be without a gift at the party. The rest of the day was spent sleeping and feeling otherwise pathetic.

Thursday (Christmas Day) : Still sick. Crazy wind storm. Dad called to check on me, get a couple of Merry Christmas/Feel Better text messages. Watched TV, slept and watched the Christmas snow fall.

Friday : Feeling a little better, went outside for the first time in days to discover at least 8 inches of snow on the driveway.

Today: feeling MUCH better -- wishing SOMETHING sounded good for dinner. Maybe I'll finally cook up the "blue box" Mac and Cheese.

And finally, because I didn't get to do it two days ago -- MERRY CHRISTMAS to ALL my family and friends! I LOVE YOU ALL!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Merry Last Christmas Jess!
I"m glad you're feeling better. We missed you at the Awesome family party.

Unknown said...

ha ha - that was supposed to say Late christmas.... not LAST Christmas.

but I guess it is last Christmas because people have already started shopping for NEXT Chrsitmas. :)

kam said...

Well that just STiNks!!!!Sorry Jess. However, I am glad you are feeling better. Merry Christmas to you!

kam said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Katie said...

Jess did you know you don't live in England with a flatmate? and I loved the play by play. Glad you are feeling better for the yellow death.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Recent Ruminations (and those not so recent)

You've Gotta Love This!