Thursday, December 11, 2008

Wicked Obsession

As many of you know (and a few of you have mocked me for it) I have a mild obsession with the musical WICKED. This was not always so. When my flatmate brought the cd home she played it quite literally non-stop on the stereo in our kitchen. It quite literally drove me NUTS! Enough with the singing already. (those of you who know me well know that often unless it's my idea I tend to abhor something for awhile until I embrace it completely).

On what may have been the zillionth time through the cd I stopped bickering and started listening. And as the Glinda and Elphie would say, I was "changed for good."

Again, as many of you know my flatmate and I went to Denver last year to see WICKED on stage. We bought our tickets six months prior and waited with great anticipation for the day to come. And it was well worth the wait and every penny spent! It was quite literally WICKED AWESOME! Unless you've seen it it's hard to explain. So much so that on being in downtown Denver we fought the urge to buy tickets for the next available show--fortunately for our pocketbooks, it was sold out.

My niece and nephew spent quite a bit of time mocking me for the fact that the soundtrack was the only CD I had in my car--until they saw it in New York (this is me green with envy) this summer.

Which leads me to today--WICKED is coming to Salt Lake City in the Spring. My flatmate and I have been quite literally dying for the day we could see it in our own hometown. Tragically tickets go on sale at 7:00AM at the box office tomorrow morning and my cold blooded body and need for sleep prevents me from "sleeping" out on the sidewalk in front of the Theatre to get tickets. And my heart of hearts tells me that by the time the tickets are available online at 10:00AM that they will be sold out.

So, If I were making my Christmas wish for the day it would be that I would get to see WICKED and that I would finally have found that Platinum mine and I would get tickets for all my friends and family that wanted to see the show. Just a simple wish.

Dear Santa,

Please send by way of early delivery the deed to a Platinum mine and Wicked tickets for everyone.

Sincerely,
Bebo's Girl.

3 comments:

Jonathan Plowman said...

I drove by the theater on my way home from the MoTabs' concert tonight, and they were already lining up along the street to buy tickets. Take luck!

Anonnymouse said...

did you get any?

M.O.M. said...

What exactly is WICKED about? Is it the book I am reading set to music? About Galinda and Elphaba before Dorothy days?

Recent Ruminations (and those not so recent)

You've Gotta Love This!