Last night I threw a load of laundry in to get the suitcase emptied from my trip to Independence, Missouri.
The load included my nice work shirts ("official" and un-official), several of my favorite t-shirts, my black cardigan, jeans, nice work pants (though I only get to wear them when I'm traveling for work) etc, etc.
Threw the batch in the dryer then I sat down to watch "The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas" (I'd only give it 2 stars and probably wouldn't recommend it to anyone, there are other much better Holocaust movies out there -- I didn't even manage a good cry out of it, which if you know me at all is saying A LOT). The dryer was terribly noisy, like something was thunking around in there...I just figured it was the buttons on my jeans or something.
Upon unloading the dryer I discover the source of the noise...I forgot to double-check the pockets of my best jeans and missed the Burt's Bees Pomegranate lip balm in the pocket! (Please note: I pride myself on my laundry skills -- this is the first mishap I can think of!)
So now, not only do my clothes have melted lip balm all over them, I'm out a Burt's Bees lip balm. Really I'm not sure what's more tragic.
*Does any one know how to get melted lip balm out of your clothes? Or perhaps the location of an abandoned gold mine where I could get the funds to buy new clothes???
an eclectic smattering of the comings and goings of a vivacious, stunning, elegant, beautiful, witty, amazing, talented, brilliant, glamorous, distinguished, fabulous, pesky, cute, trendy, magnanimous and most recently--INDOMITABLE, 30-something-year-old woman as she explores the many splendored things offered by a very strange world.
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Recent Ruminations (and those not so recent)
You've Gotta Love This!
Fun ways to waste your time...
- Amazing Magic Gopher
- American History Timeline
- American Memory (Library of Congress)
- Chronicling America (Library of Congress)
- Etsy
- Grand Ole Opry
- Kidz World
- Mr. Picassohead
- Page by Page Books
- Panda Cam (National Zoo, Washington, DC)
- Star Wars Shop
- United States Holocaust Memorial Museum
- Volcano Cam (Mount St. Helens, Washington)
- Wordles
4 comments:
Maybe we could swap? I'll figure out how to get chapstick out of your clothes if you can tell me how to stop my washer from making leetle teeny tiny holes in all of our shirts.
Sorry. That's so crappy.
I heard a trick that is supposed to work with crayons so it maight be worth considering. Use your iron. Put a towl between your iron and on top of the clothib=ng item. The heat is supposed to remelt the wax and then you can remove/scrap it off. The towel just keeps the wax from sticking to your iron.
Sorry for the spelling above... Petey is helping me tiohday.
All we have around here is laundry tragedies that include Crayola...so I would like to thank M.O.M for her tip, while simultaneously giving you my heart felt condolences for the loss of your traveling wardrobe. that just stinks!!! Finally, when I find the abandoned gold mine...I PINKY SWEAR I will tell you where it is...if you promise to do the same for me ;)
Post a Comment