Thursday, May 6, 2010

My 5 Minutes of Fame

Last week I helped at the National Genealogical Society Conference in Salt Lake City. I was there showing visitors a little bit of what I do on a daily basis working at FamilySearch. A fellow from the Deseret News snapped my picture while I was helping some cute little (unbeknownst to me until after the fact, I might have protested had I know what was happening). After taking down our names and telling us we'd be in the Mormon Times on Thursday the guy with the camera went on his merry way.

So, like any crazy person who wants to see her name in print I hunted down the print edition of the Mormon Times late Thursday night but I did not find myself there...Flash Forward to today when a coworker on the Elevator says "we need your autograph, you're famous!"

Famous, probably not, in print, yes, if you call the Internet "print" --

Check me out -- you might need a magnifying glass to spot me.

http://www.mormontimes.com/mormon_living/family_history/?id=14731

Granted it's not much to write home about, but one should take their fame where they can get it.


1 comment:

AnJ. said...

I heard so many good things about the conference. Sounds like you all had a great time. I wish I could have clicked on the picture to make your fame a little bigger! ;)

You've Gotta Love This!