Sunday, January 9, 2011

1 Down, 51 to Go

Here's a quick rundown of my first week of 2011:

SATURDAY --
Went on a WILD and CRAZY yarn gathering mission with Toby. We headed to Layton, had lunch at the Olive Garden, then hit 2 Michael's stores, Robert's and JoAnn's to find yarn for various crochet projects. What a fun way for me to blow my Christmas cash (I'm nerdy, what can I say). I've got a couple of afghans and fuzzy animals on the docket this year.

SUNDAY --
1 o'clock church. It was so nice not to have to be up at 7 o'clock to make it to church on time.

MONDAY --
New Year's Day (observed) at least where I work. I got to spend a chunk of Monday with my niece, Nicole. Picked her up at the airport, bought her lunch and sent her on her way back to Provo for her second semester at BYU. Chatted with my Mom on the phone for a bit.

TUESDAY --
Back to Work. Still learning the new job.

WEDNESDAY --
More work.

THURSDAY --
More work.

FRIDAY --
More work.

SATURDAY --
13 years ago today I met a true friend. Until that day I never imagined I'd be someone else's Diana Berry. I still consider myself very lucky to have such a wonderful friend as Toby.

Today aforementioned best friend and I went to Hale Center Theatre to see Born Yesterday which was a delightful play, along the lines of My Fair Lady. Ditzy blonde being taken advantage of by a slimy millionaire who uses her to make money -- she's his business partner, but isn't bright enough to read, let alone understand the contracts he has her sign. They arrive in Washington D.C., millionaire decides blonde is too ditzy to mingle with Senator's wives so he hires a dashing reporter to smarten her up. Long story short, plan backfires, girl gets smarter, dumps millionaire and moves on with life with the dashing reporter, because she can.

I made Cornish pasties again today from a recipe sent to me by my cute English daddy. Yum! (Made previously on Christmas Eve Eve -- I'll post the recipe later.

Started work on yet another crochet project -- little sister is a monster Doctor Who fan and she found a pattern for a crochet version of Doctor Number 10 which she requested that I make for her. Too bad the Doctor won't be making an appearance in time for her birthday in 5 days.

No comments:

You've Gotta Love This!