
Have you ever wondered why they say "French Women Don't Get Fat?" I'm starting to understand. It's because they are very happy and because they eat very well. Today I will enlighten you on the finer points of French cuisine. Let's just say the French word of the day is Fois Gras (I hope I spelled that right) : which here means, Duck liver = delicious, who knew!?

I also enjoyed a delicious Sea Bass, what can only be referred to as a King Prawn and an escargot. Yes, you heard me right, I ate a snail...dip them in mayonaisse and you can eat just about anything.
Me at the Base of the Dune -- (the stairs rival the escalators at Universal Studios)
Looking West from the Top
The View Back and to the Left (toward Spain)
Tonight after "work" which here is used to mean, stuff I pretty much already know, delivered with a French accent while sitting in a funkt yellow and orange building, we will visit downtown Bordeaux and most likely eat more French food. Yay! I neglected to mention, counting breakfast and lunch I spent a total of FOUR hours eating! Dinner literally took two hours, but it was SO enjoyable that it didn't matter...yet another reason, French Women don't get Fat!
6 comments:
I had a feeling you would love France. When you buy your cottage there, just remember to get one with a guest room so we can come visit. :)
Since you've been gone KSL has had quite a few stories on how SLC wants to be more like France.
"Will Paris flight bring French influence to Utah?"
"French more interested in Utah's summer tourism than skiing"
"Salt Lake looks to Paris for possible traffic solution"
By the time you get home it might be Paris, France right here, or at least in down town. =) We'll all be bicycling around town and everyone will be really skinny because of the health kick we'll all be on. (Except me, I'll be fatter of course!)
Oh, and there is no way that I will even try the foods that you mentioned!
That sounds amazing. How long will you be there? I can't remember. What are you there for? I can't remember that either.
This sounds so exciting! Glad you are having such a great time "working." :)
Lucky you! Enjoy!
mmmm...Foie Gras does sound good!
Post a Comment