For lunch we took an excurision 2 kilometers (1.242 miles) to the town center of Pessac, a lovely little place. Upon entering the square I was overwhelmed by the wonderful fragrance of countless flowers, the fresh rainy air and the overall atmosphere of the moment. I only wish there was some way to capture the smells as well as the sights of Europe. Why doesn't home smell this good?
We ate at a small bistro, where once again, the bulk of the menu included only slightly cooked or raw meat. What is with the French and there fascination with raw meat? I find it interesting that the men we are traveling are fearful of branching out and trying something new. They just order the usual beef steak...someone should shake them and remind them this is France! I tried salad with duck...not the best. But there is always dessert to redeem the meal. Ah, Pastries.

After lunch we visited a little pastry shop called Paul. These shops are all over Europe. I splured and spent 1,25 Euro on a Viennese pastry dotted with chocolate. I could not resist! (Even after the apple tart for dessert).
We did not make it to the town center of Bordeaux, however. Our more than gracious hosts had other pressing plans and the weather had turned to rain, it was good to rest in the hotel and get a good nights sleep.
Tianna and I are off to Paris tomorrow. I still can't believe it.
5 comments:
it sound like you are still having an amazing time. i wish i could go. :)
Now you are making me "home" sick.
Raw meat...YUCK! I am meat picky and must have ALL meat BURNT! As for trying new foods...better you than me. :|
so much good food in so little time. I hope you took pictures of it all.
Post a Comment