Monday, June 23, 2008

The Longest Day Ever (flashback - France)


My first impression of Europe is cloudy. That is not to say I have not formulated an opinion yet but that there are a lot of clouds here. Phenomenal clouds. Somehow I managed to catch a few Z's over Ireland. I looked out the window this morning, even though the fasten seat bealts light was on to try to get a glimpse of England but there were too many clouds in the way.



The flight was long and the people next to me talked a lot. I slept maybe two hours last night on the plane and another on the plane to Bordeaux this afternoon. I arrived in France safe and sound and am safely tucked in my hotel room at the Holiday Inn Bordeaux Sud - Pessac. It has been a very long journey. And it's only just begun.

(originally written at 8:06AM Mountain Standard Time -- That's Midnight in France!)

No comments:

Recent Ruminations (and those not so recent)

You've Gotta Love This!