Monday, August 4, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!


Yesterday was my 32nd birthday, though if asked I will most likely say that I am 25...my brain seems to be stuck at a quarter century. I was doing a little math and realized that while I am only halfway from 16, I'm also on the downhill slide to 64! Math is weird -- needless to say, I'm getting kind of old...luckily there are a lot of people who are older than me so I can never be really old.

My mom and dad stopped in to visit me on Saturday to wish me a happy birthday and mom called again on Sunday to sing to me. The singing is typical, the visiting, not so much, it seems like I usually have to go visit other people on my birthday, which I disagree with...I think people should come to me on my birthday...it is MY day after all, so if I want to stay home in my pjs I should be able to.

As for gifts, I received a few: a carry-on bag, just the right size for my future digital camera, a new day planner, a couple of gift certificates for ice cream and smoothies, a neck pillow, a purple pencil from Primary and a hand covered Book of Mormon -- not to mention the text messages from a brother and one of the kids in Tennessee, the card from my sister and the late night voice mail from my favorite auntie (i had just gone to bed thinking she had forgotten my birthday, not so she ALWAYS remembers, perhaps she enjoys being the last one to wish me a happy day!!!) And I can't forget to mention the spaghetti and strawberry shortcake for dinner it was a pretty good birthday.

I'd like to say THANKS! to everyone who made my birthday a good one!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YESTERDAY FROM ME AND THE KIDS ONLY. NOT FROM Z! =) Glad you had a good b-day, BTW, I'm 25 too! ;)

Ambo said...

Happy Birthday! Sorry I didn't deliver your gift to you at your house! :)

Anonnymouse said...

EWWW....a Book of Mormon covered in Hands?.....thats kinda gross.

Recent Ruminations (and those not so recent)

You've Gotta Love This!