Must have fallen asleep at some point. I think it came right after I realized I’m only comfortable laying flat on my back, blanket tucked under the chin and shoulders, much like a mummy.
Woke up bright and early (literally -- its two hours ahead here, so waking up at 6:00 is like waking up at 4:00) with a sore tailbone (yuck!)
Managed to complete my morning ablutions – I even managed to squeeze in a little Percy Jackson.
Ate breakfast at the hotel cafe and made my way to the Library by 9:00.
Met the missionaries – very nice people — Sisters Greene and Wilkins and Brother and Sister Matthews.
Spent most of the day fielding questions, defragmenting computers and sundry other administrative tasks.
Ate a very strange sandwich for lunch.
Ventured back to the hotel at day’s end.
Discovered Toby had been in an accident on the way to working – “I ruined my car” she says to me when I catch her on the phone. Elphie reduced to carnage – but Toby’s okay, torn rhomboid muscle (and a broken heart – I’ve been there, losing the car you love mostest – thus the heartache when I saw the red VW yesterday).
It could have been much worse, I’m glad it wasn’t.
That’ll teach me to go out of town on a workday! Ventured to the Cracker Barrel once again, this time in the rain to make it a little more interesting.
Once again successfully completed the triangle peg puzzle while waiting for dinner.
Ordered the “Eggs in a Blanket” – which here means, two fried eggs in the middle of two slices of sourdough toast with a side of fried apples and some bacon (at this point I began wondering how much is too much bacon to consume in a 24 hour time period?) Did I mention it was very tasty?
Back to the hotel.
Wrote a few work emails.
Scheduled a baby shower for Becca.
Watched the season finale of Glee (loved it! – yes I’m a “gleek”).
After that, went to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment