Monday, June 7, 2010

Indiana, Day 1

Flight out delayed one half hour.

Ate scrambled eggs and bacon at the Wolfgang Puck express place in the Airport.

Waited.

Boarded the plane.

Seated between 2 good sized men.

Decided that when I invent an airplane it will have ample seat space.

Read quite a bit of The Lightening Thief”.

Did a more than a few framework puzzles from my puzzle book.

Arrived unscathed in Cincinnati.

Wandered the shops, ate a slice of greasy pizza and boarded the next plane.

Spent 25 minutes in the air before landing safely in Fort Wayne.

Collected my Chevy Cobalt rental car and drooled with envy over the candy apple red VW Beetle sitting in the stall next to it (ah, my heart!)…what would I have to do to get to have that for my rental car?

Successfully located my hotel using my MapQuest direction – which is a feat in and of its self.

Checked into the hotel.

Found my room.

Settled in – yes folks, I even put my clothes in the drawers – somewhat uncharacteristic of me.

Ventured to the Cracker Barrel next door where I had my favorite dish – grilled pork chop with applesauce and mashed potatoes (yum!).

Successfully completed the triangle peg puzzle while waiting for dinner.

Got sucked into the vortex that is the Cracker Barrel store and ended up buying a Wynona CD (all because the sound system was playing “My Strongest Weakness” which is one of my favorite country songs (thanks Marges!) not to mention it helps support wounded soldiers.

Back to the hotel, talked to Toby on the phone, then Mom who had to make sure I’d arrived safely – we chatted while Mikayla fell asleep on the floor.

Then I set my alarm, brushed my teeth, washed my face and crawled into the unexpectedly hard bed.

Found it hard to fall asleep, not only was I in a strange place but I was missing my furry leg warmer Gus.

Just as I was falling asleep, got a text from Andyra wondering if I’d made it safe.

No comments:

You've Gotta Love This!