Those of you who know me well know that traveling stresses me out...mostly its the getting there and back again that stresses me out. Not quite a month ago my dad called and asked me if I still wanted to go to England with him. I was a bit in shock...my dad has talked about going back to England for the past several years and I've always said I'd love to go along...but I never thought it would actually happen, because as we all know life has a tendency to get in the way of even the best laid plans (and our family has never been very good at plans!)
Long story short, In 4 days I leave on the adventure of a lifetime (at least so far as my lifetime is concerned!) I'm heading to England to spend 15 days with my parents and my Auntie and Uncle who live in Essex. There are presently no plans set in stone besides getting there and getting back but I'm hoping for some memorable moments. I hope to see London with all the interesting thing she has to offer -- The British Museum (and the Cat mummies), London Eye (are you kidding me!), I may even try talking my dad into going to the Doctor Who Experience. London itself has a lot to offer, so I'm sure I'll have to make a return trip one day.
However, the thing I am most looking forward to is getting to know my dad, on his home turf. I think it will be interesting to see where he came from. I think it will also be grand getting to know my Auntie and her family (I've only met her once, very briefly). So for me this truly is the opportunity of a lifetime. After all the health problems my dad has had over the past year I have come to realize that he's not going to be around forever and I have learned to appreciate every moment spent with him more than I ever have before. So even if we all we do is learn more about each other I think it will be well worth the trip.
an eclectic smattering of the comings and goings of a vivacious, stunning, elegant, beautiful, witty, amazing, talented, brilliant, glamorous, distinguished, fabulous, pesky, cute, trendy, magnanimous and most recently--INDOMITABLE, 30-something-year-old woman as she explores the many splendored things offered by a very strange world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Recent Ruminations (and those not so recent)
You've Gotta Love This!
Fun ways to waste your time...
- Amazing Magic Gopher
- American History Timeline
- American Memory (Library of Congress)
- Chronicling America (Library of Congress)
- Etsy
- Grand Ole Opry
- Kidz World
- Mr. Picassohead
- Page by Page Books
- Panda Cam (National Zoo, Washington, DC)
- Star Wars Shop
- United States Holocaust Memorial Museum
- Volcano Cam (Mount St. Helens, Washington)
- Wordles
1 comment:
I am SOOOO excited for you!!!! AHHHHH! I can't contain myself! Enjoy every moment and take a TON of pictures....please??? :)
Post a Comment