Wednesday, July 23, 2008

My Little Bug

I couldn't resist sharing this cute picture of the newest branch of our family tree. Meet my niece, Mikayla Faith, or as I like to call her "Kaylee-Bug."

Although I cannot take credit for the fact she is very cute, I can brag about her adorable blessing dress...I made it. When I sent it off I was a little concered that it wouldn't fit, because it looked so small (and I have a tendency to crochet very tightly something to do with the fact I cannot relax).

I forget that babies are very small, so it all worked out for the best. If only I'd thought to send along a tiny bracelet to complete the ensemble.

Now if only I could get enough free time from work to fly up to Seattle to see her in person...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I only took off a day and my 2.5 day weekend in Washington seemed like an eternity with the other children but too short with my Mikayla.

Anonymous said...

That dress is beautiful! I didn't know you had a hidden talent! :)

kam said...

First of all- she is ADORABLE!! Second of all, I had NO idea you had such an amazing gift for crochet. How beautiful she looks!!! Great job Auntie!!!

Recent Ruminations (and those not so recent)

You've Gotta Love This!