I went to bed late last night (nearly midnight) what with the plumbing incident that is too gross to discuss (see the next post if you must have details).
Before I went to bed I was determined to ride the bike for 30 minutes. While I was exercising I turned on the TV at 11:00pm and found a childhood favorite 21 Jump Street.
I used to love watching Jump Street. Who didn't love tuning in to find out what adventures Judy Hoffs, Harry Ioki, Tom Hansen and Doug Penhall were going to have this week. Admittedly the first season is not my favorite...I never really liked Captain Jenko, but would have joined the force in a heartbeat when Captain Fuller took the helm.
As I watched the beginning credits I began once again the great debate with myself over which undercover cop I would want to end up with (if reality were fiction).
It's a tough call...there's every teen girl's dream, Tom Hansen-preppy turned rock star hot and then there's Doug Penhall a rough, gruff teddy bear sort of a guy. Back in my younger days it was Tom all the way (what girl didn't have a thing for Johnny Depp--and what red-blooded woman doesn't still). However, I always harbored a little something for Penhall (in fact, I often refer to my ideal man as "Doug"). Peter DeLuise is just so cute and I can't help but be slightly in love with him.
As I'm cycling, I again debate with myself over which one to choose when the show starts my choice is made (at least for the next hour) Tom Hansen is no where to be seen (rats!)...instead he's been replaced by the slimy, trying too hard to be a replacement for Tom Hansen, Booker. (gag!) After Tom left Jump Street saw some dark days with the addition of Booker and Michael Bendetti, whose character name I can't even remember -- it just wasn't the same...
Who's bright idea was it anyway to replace Johnny Depp with Richard Grieco???
an eclectic smattering of the comings and goings of a vivacious, stunning, elegant, beautiful, witty, amazing, talented, brilliant, glamorous, distinguished, fabulous, pesky, cute, trendy, magnanimous and most recently--INDOMITABLE, 30-something-year-old woman as she explores the many splendored things offered by a very strange world.
Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Recent Ruminations (and those not so recent)
You've Gotta Love This!
Fun ways to waste your time...
- Amazing Magic Gopher
- American History Timeline
- American Memory (Library of Congress)
- Chronicling America (Library of Congress)
- Etsy
- Grand Ole Opry
- Kidz World
- Mr. Picassohead
- Page by Page Books
- Panda Cam (National Zoo, Washington, DC)
- Star Wars Shop
- United States Holocaust Memorial Museum
- Volcano Cam (Mount St. Helens, Washington)
- Wordles
3 comments:
LOL! A new post at long last...and one worth reading!
(Look what I miss when I go shower to scrub off every thought of sludge.)
Alas, I too feel Grieco was a poor choice...but who COULD replace Johnny?
I always loved Doug Penhall. I saw him on the 200th Episode of Stargate SG-1 last week.
And ... Tom Hansen made the show. When Booker showed up it wasn't worth watching anymore.
I have never seen 21 Jump Street
Post a Comment