In my opinion Forrest Gump is one of those movies that if you've seen it once, you never need to see if again. however there are a few memorable lines that have remained in the recesses of my mind, for example when Gary Sinese's character Lt. Dan has to have his legs amputated and get fake legs Forrest says to him something like "Lieutenant Dan, you've got magic legs."
With that segway -- I heard the funniest thing this week: This is one of those mental picture things, but it's priceless. My brother-in-law (whom we like to call Brother John) works with a guy, who has "magic legs", we'll call this guy Lt. Dan. Lt. Dan apparently owns several pair of fake legs...five to be exact.
Interestingly enough each pair is a different length (ranging from five-ten to six-ten in height). so Lt. Dan can wake up each morning and choose how tall he wants to be that day. Imagine the thoughts in Lt. Dan's brain....Hmmm...Today I need to change the lightbulbs at work, better wear the tall legs or "I've got to work in the crawl space today-looks like a short leg day." Just imagine the fun one could have with five pair of legs!
In Other news, I've learned a couple of things this week that will help in later life:
#1 - If a kitten shows up on your doorstep, just ignore it, no matter how cute it is otherwise you will have to become its mother. Case in Point: a fluffy brownish-gray tabby shows up on the doorstep mewing, The door was opened and we were instantly snookered by the tiny mewing creature. There was no way out--so now Millie sleeps in our extra laundry basket and bites our toes as she welcomes us home each night.
Which leads me to wonder...why is it so easy to pretend a salesman is not at your door when it is impossible to ignore the mewing of a small kitty?
#2 - You cannot use a verb to write a sentence (in any language) if you don't know what that verb means. Case in Point: I was less than prepared for the bi-weekly Spanish test and was faced with the challenge of writing a sentence using the verb "poder" (pronounced: poe-dare). Entirely unsure of the definition (which was later found to be "to be able to) I improvised--it'll probably cost me 2 points, but a the time I had no clue.
an eclectic smattering of the comings and goings of a vivacious, stunning, elegant, beautiful, witty, amazing, talented, brilliant, glamorous, distinguished, fabulous, pesky, cute, trendy, magnanimous and most recently--INDOMITABLE, 30-something-year-old woman as she explores the many splendored things offered by a very strange world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Recent Ruminations (and those not so recent)
You've Gotta Love This!
Fun ways to waste your time...
- Amazing Magic Gopher
- American History Timeline
- American Memory (Library of Congress)
- Chronicling America (Library of Congress)
- Etsy
- Grand Ole Opry
- Kidz World
- Mr. Picassohead
- Page by Page Books
- Panda Cam (National Zoo, Washington, DC)
- Star Wars Shop
- United States Holocaust Memorial Museum
- Volcano Cam (Mount St. Helens, Washington)
- Wordles
2 comments:
Too bad you weren't "able" to remember that! (hee hee) I have no idea what to do with two new juicy blog postings in ome day...You GO Girl!
I find it funny that you just find the no legs story funny, but "Marge" puts a happy little spiritual twist on it.
Post a Comment