Friday, October 19, 2007

Save the Cheerleader...



I didn't want to like it but I do. I don't watch a lot of TV, but when I do I want to watch something really good. I lucked out when I found Heroes.

I started watching the first season, caught about 4 episodes and then missed 2 and didn't want to miss anything important so I sadly stopped watching. But, thanks to the marvels of reruns on the SciFi Channel and a DVR, alnog with Blockbuster On Demand I was able to quickly catch up when the first season came out on DVD. I was hooked!

Perhaps it has something to do with the very likeable heroes Claire, Hiro and Peter, Or maybe it's Sylar the sinister villian who gives even the creepiest of villains a run for their money or it could have something to do with the fact that Dr. Mohinder Suresh smiles like a boy I once dated though not likely.

I really like the idea that ordinary people might actually be extroadinary. Each character chooses how they will use their gift, whether for good or evil. It's a relief to find something to watch that isn't a Reality TV show or a Crime show. For me, watching television should be an escape not a rerun of the 6:00 news.

4 comments:

bluestocking23 said...

Hooray! A new posting and a good read all in one. I, too, enjoy Claire, Peter and Hiro (and watching it with you is my favorite part.) ;)

Anonymous said...

You are a blogging fool today!!! What, did you have the day off? J/K. I love reading your blogs, they make me giggle. (your brother thinks his are funnier though, just throwing that out there) LOL :)

princess.evans said...

I'm in love with Hiro, but don't tell my husband :)

Jessica Pears said...

retch2k : It's nice to hear that my blogs make you giggle. And for the record I am funnier than my brother--but because I have to respect my elders I have to pretend he's funnier.

Recent Ruminations (and those not so recent)

You've Gotta Love This!