I have my own personal fan. Her name is Judy and she works with me as a volunteer. She's 75 years old and she thinks I am the greatest thing ever created so how can I not love her!
Today she says to me..."I just don't understand why all the boys aren't after you, you're just so cute."
This is only one comment in a line of hundreds over the past few months. She always tells my I'm losing weight and that I look beautiful (which I love to hear, even though it's not exactly true).
My all time favorite, has to be the day she said "you remind me of the girl on The Man from Snowy Mountain*, only I like your face better."
She makes my day, every day. I think everyone should have a Judy to say wonderful things to them every day.
*She meant The Man From Snowy River
an eclectic smattering of the comings and goings of a vivacious, stunning, elegant, beautiful, witty, amazing, talented, brilliant, glamorous, distinguished, fabulous, pesky, cute, trendy, magnanimous and most recently--INDOMITABLE, 30-something-year-old woman as she explores the many splendored things offered by a very strange world.
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Recent Ruminations (and those not so recent)
You've Gotta Love This!
Fun ways to waste your time...
- Amazing Magic Gopher
- American History Timeline
- American Memory (Library of Congress)
- Chronicling America (Library of Congress)
- Etsy
- Grand Ole Opry
- Kidz World
- Mr. Picassohead
- Page by Page Books
- Panda Cam (National Zoo, Washington, DC)
- Star Wars Shop
- United States Holocaust Memorial Museum
- Volcano Cam (Mount St. Helens, Washington)
- Wordles
3 comments:
Wow - I need one of those too...
Remember how all the girls in YW's thought you were awesome when you were a laurel.
Remember how we all think you're awesome? ;) Even bald, you're beautiful! :)
Yes I agree, and I know there are a couple more who live on your street!
Post a Comment