Monday, December 17, 2007

Time Flies

Ten years ago today I entered the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah to for two weeks before flying to Macon, Georgia to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I can still remember the day I left, there was snow on the ground and I was nervous and excited all at the same time. I can remember my Kenji's sad little face as I gave him once last hug and if memory serves me correctly I think there were even tears in my brother's eyes. As they say (whoever they are) in reference to big events in people's lives "Today is the first day of the rest of your life" this could not have been more true for December 14, 1997.

2 comments:

AnJ. said...

Where does the time go? I'm sure some days you thought you wouldn't make it through another day and yet here it is 10 years later. Sheesh!

bluestocking23 said...

Yea...and coming up in January...10 years ago you walked up to my door in Hinesville, GA and saved my sanity.

Recent Ruminations (and those not so recent)

You've Gotta Love This!