Years ago, Toby and I came up with this little song right before Christmas (or was it our trip to Disneyland?) Anywho...we had only two more days of work until the big event and that morning one of us started singing the words "Only two times" again and again to a funny, made up tune...and it has stuck. So now, anytime we get close to a special event one of use will start singing our little song (the words can be changed if there are more than two times--its a fairly universal song).
Interestingly, I found myself singing it this morning.
I've only got two more nights of Spanish class. Don't get me wrong I love learning Spanish but I get tired of going to class after a long day at work. Tonight will be our last chapter test and then, next Monday I get to be tested on my speaking skills. La profesora will ask questions and I will have to answer in Spanish. It should be loads of fun!
Fortunately I think I'll do okay on the whole grading scale since I am one of about eight people that consistently comes to class. Maybe I'll get an "A" for just hanging in there. Regardless...there are only two times left.
Yay for Me!
an eclectic smattering of the comings and goings of a vivacious, stunning, elegant, beautiful, witty, amazing, talented, brilliant, glamorous, distinguished, fabulous, pesky, cute, trendy, magnanimous and most recently--INDOMITABLE, 30-something-year-old woman as she explores the many splendored things offered by a very strange world.
Wednesday, December 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Recent Ruminations (and those not so recent)
You've Gotta Love This!
Fun ways to waste your time...
- Amazing Magic Gopher
- American History Timeline
- American Memory (Library of Congress)
- Chronicling America (Library of Congress)
- Etsy
- Grand Ole Opry
- Kidz World
- Mr. Picassohead
- Page by Page Books
- Panda Cam (National Zoo, Washington, DC)
- Star Wars Shop
- United States Holocaust Memorial Museum
- Volcano Cam (Mount St. Helens, Washington)
- Wordles
5 comments:
Way to stick with it..and GOOD LUCK next Monday!
remember the beverage song you used to sing at me when you wanted a drink. "B-E-V-E-R-A-G-E that is what's for me-e-e-e." silly sister.
AH the beverage song. I had forgotten.
I sing it to john periodicly when I require a beverage and he's already standing up. :)
I didn't even realize it! You're right!!! Holy Cow..."Only TWO Times"...(I'm singing this for you now.)
Post a Comment