Wednesday, December 19, 2007

"Rather the One that isn't Millie"

Toby and I made an interesting discovery last night. The cute kitten we have been calling Millie these past two months is in actual fact not a Millie. Having had cats all through my growing up years I thought I knew for sure that this cat was a girl--I was wrong. So, we 've started calling the kitty "Gus" after the main character in Lonesome Dove. It seems to fit, but it is a little strange to think that all of a sudden our Millie isn't Millie after all.

6 comments:

kam said...

so is Millie thoroughly confused at this point? I wonder what she..ehem I mean HE thinks of the name change.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I loved that book! I read it as soon as I could after I heard it may be a "bad" book! HAHAHA!

Anonymous said...

I loved that book! I read it as fast as I could after I heard it was a "bad" book!!! :)

bluestocking23 said...

LOL! Good one. You have all the best lines for our little predicament. :)

Anonymous said...

I love that book! I read it as soon as I could after I heard it was a "bad" book!!! ;)

Gus is a good name!!!

Anonymous said...

Now I've left you 50 comments all saying the same thing cuz I thought my computer was broken. What's up with you suddenly waiting for approval? Some of us are too impatient to read these things and then you get 3x's the posts. Is that your evil plan???

Recent Ruminations (and those not so recent)

You've Gotta Love This!