My oldest brother and his wife acquired a Wii earlier this year (by earlier I mean, in November) It was a birthday present to my sister in law. Since its adoption I have had a couple of opportunities to play with it. And I have to say it's REALLY fun!
Last night, as we gathered together as a partial family to celebrate Christmas, I say partial because my second brother and my third sister live out of state and couldn't with us for the holidays--I can't blame them though, even buying gas to drive the less than 20 miles to visit for me can be a nightmare, out came the Wii.
I was early and as we waited for mom and dad to arrive I picked up the controllers and started boxing, taking on any and all competitors. I must admit that I had been longing to try out the Wii Boxing ever since the Christmas episode of Psych where Lassiter was playing it with Juliette's nephews. I can't remember who my first victim was, but let's just say I took down every competitor I had...and about had a heart attack in the process (kudos to the guy who decided it would be cool to get a cardio workout and play video games at the same time. :) I had so much fun--and I think I scared my family in the process. As I was riveted to the screen boxing my heart out (and my arms off) the competitive, aggressive side of myself started to show--most of my family had never seen this side of me before--as I have a certain image to maintain.
Things were going great and I was undefeated until Karl came along. (Before you get any ideas, no Karl is not my boyfriend, nor is Karl even a boy (I don't think--it's hard to tell). Karl is a very odd looking person with the hair of a woman and a beard. Karl has eyebrows so high up on his head that he looks like some sort of weird insect and his blue eyeshadow is a sight to behold). In the world of Wii -- every player gets to create a virtual doppelganger of themselves called a "Mii" to make the game more personal, i guess. Most people try to make their Mii resemble themselves as best they can but such is not the case with Karl. Karl is the alter ego of a 6-year old girl with a very funny imagination, who we'll call Marley, because it rhymes with her real name. :) Marley has more fun changing her Wii character than playing the games sometimes...in Karl's first incarnation I swear she spent 30 minutes getting him just perfect...but that's another story.
To make a long story short my reign of terror came to an end as Marley's creation Karl kicked my butt at boxing. I can't even say I took it easy on her because she's a little kid. She totally kicked my butt--it's a little humiliating getting beat by a six year old...but I'll get over it and I will beat her next time the Wii comes out to play. :)
an eclectic smattering of the comings and goings of a vivacious, stunning, elegant, beautiful, witty, amazing, talented, brilliant, glamorous, distinguished, fabulous, pesky, cute, trendy, magnanimous and most recently--INDOMITABLE, 30-something-year-old woman as she explores the many splendored things offered by a very strange world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Recent Ruminations (and those not so recent)
You've Gotta Love This!
Fun ways to waste your time...
- Amazing Magic Gopher
- American History Timeline
- American Memory (Library of Congress)
- Chronicling America (Library of Congress)
- Etsy
- Grand Ole Opry
- Kidz World
- Mr. Picassohead
- Page by Page Books
- Panda Cam (National Zoo, Washington, DC)
- Star Wars Shop
- United States Holocaust Memorial Museum
- Volcano Cam (Mount St. Helens, Washington)
- Wordles
5 comments:
If Karl gets the same side of the wii game, she'll kick your butt any day of the week!!! :) That girl wasn't even trying, I saw her!!! You guys were funny to watch!!!
Funny girl. Just remember your aching bod next time and cool it a little before "Kerplooeee".
Jared wants one of those really bad, I'm anti nintendo but they do look fun. My patient almost hit me the other day while he was playing something!
Wii would like to play.
fYI - someone is selling their Wii with 2 controlers on the board at the Church Office Building for $400 dollars.
Don't feel too bad. I got knocked out by a certain high-energy 4 year old...
Post a Comment