Thursday, May 8, 2008

The Continuing Adventures of Bebo's Girl

5:00PM Eastern Standard Time:

I'm currently sitting in the Fort Wayne International Airport. I bet you didn't know that the FWA consists of a grand total of EIGHT gates. Yes, eight. But in this eight gated terminal there is FREE WiFi access that is not available in either the Cincinnati airport or Salt Lake International. Kinda random, right?

I've learned a few things on this journey...

1) there is an overabundance of Vera Bradley baggage here. I had honestly never heard of Vera Bradley before coming here. Apparently she's a designer that makes bags of all sizes. These bags, in my opinion, are hideous, and I will not purchase one. Not even for my mother.

2) There's no wonder why the Hilton family is filthy rich. I have had the luxury of enjoying room service over the last few days. Each meal ran no less than $17.00 and that's before they add the service charge and the gratuity. Yikes!

3) Everything in Fort Wayne opens at 10:00AM and closes at 5:00PM. This is inconvenient when one is working from 9:00-5:00.

4) Earth shoes ARE the best shoes ever! I splurged about a month ago and bought a pair. Not only are they comfortable, they are also airport friendly! My feet haven't hurt yet. (A very wise investment if I do say so myself.)

And lastly; 5) Don't forget the DVDs, Power cords, and other vital electronic equipment next time!

With that, I'll give you a run down of the past few days. I spent 20.5 hours working with our missionaries Elder and Sister M in the Allen County Public Library. They are working on a project to digitize family history books and add them to the Family History Archives at BYU. They have quite the system set up and several missionaries come in on a daily basis to work on the various steps of the process. The missionaries in charge are great people. They work 11 hour days managing the project and I do believe, if given the chance Sister M would work all day and All night. I offered to have my boss order her a cot so she could sleep there. Elder M doesn't need a cot because he is often cot napping with his finger firmly placed on the right arrow key of his keyboard.

Highs and Lows: 1) I have thoroughly enjoyed the sleep I been able to get this week. No Gus the Cat to wake me up in the middle of the night. 2) I have not enjoyed the constant coverage of Hillary Clinton. I will not be voting for her in November. I'm thinking this year will be a good year to vote for Mickey Mouse or perhaps "Old Hill" from up the street. 3) It's rainy and muggy here. My hair loves it!

I did get to see the Lincoln Museum this morning. It was a pretty good place to visit. Although size wise it would be better suited as a permanent exhibit in a larger museum. I do love Honest Abe! Admission was free, due to the fact that the doors are closing for good at the end of May. Sad, BUT that meant that items in the gift shop were 30% off! So I was able to buy a few books I've been wanting to read for awhile.

Don't you just LOVE travelogues? Stay tuned for next week's Kansas City adventure...

2 comments:

kam said...

It sounds like quite the adventure!

bluestocking23 said...

Nutters. That's who wouldn't enjoy your travelogues! Keep 'em coming...I don't get these details from you when you get back!

Recent Ruminations (and those not so recent)

You've Gotta Love This!