On Monday I leave for France. This will be a historical day for me. Not only is it the first non-stop flight to Paris from SLC (I'm hoping they'll at least have commemorative t-shirts or something), but it will be my first trip overseas. I am not looking forward to the 10.5 hour flight, but I am looking forward to seeing a few sites in France during my visit.
Most of the time will be spent in Pessac (about 25km from Bordeaux) but one of the gals I work with and I will be visiting Paris the last day and a half of our journey. I've been perusing the Paris guidebook and as luck would have it there's too much to see and too little time.
I guess I'd better start saving my pennies, nickels, quarters, dimes for a return trip and pray for a better exchange rate (right now a dollar is worth about .64 Euro -- ugh!) I'm not thinking there will be a lot of souvenirs, though I'm sure a girl could go crazy in a place like Paris.
Rumour has it that there will be Internet access, so time willing you may look forward to another string of blogs from the road.
an eclectic smattering of the comings and goings of a vivacious, stunning, elegant, beautiful, witty, amazing, talented, brilliant, glamorous, distinguished, fabulous, pesky, cute, trendy, magnanimous and most recently--INDOMITABLE, 30-something-year-old woman as she explores the many splendored things offered by a very strange world.
Friday, May 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Recent Ruminations (and those not so recent)
You've Gotta Love This!
Fun ways to waste your time...
- Amazing Magic Gopher
- American History Timeline
- American Memory (Library of Congress)
- Chronicling America (Library of Congress)
- Etsy
- Grand Ole Opry
- Kidz World
- Mr. Picassohead
- Page by Page Books
- Panda Cam (National Zoo, Washington, DC)
- Star Wars Shop
- United States Holocaust Memorial Museum
- Volcano Cam (Mount St. Helens, Washington)
- Wordles
1 comment:
Yay! I like you're on the road blogs!!
Post a Comment