
This morning began in a rush. I attended a class given by my bosses boss. I then attended 2 more classes and a luncheon. After lunch I returned to my room to change shirts, because I had somehow acquired some whipped cream or something from the luncheon on my dark blue shirt. While in my room I turned on my cell phone to find two messages from my boss wondering where I was because they were waiting in the Lobby before leaving for "the meeting." No one had informed me there was a meeting. So I call the boss to say sorry I missed the meeting and he's already forgotten I wasn't there. Apparently there was a communication error followed by a round of the blame gain, neither man was willing to admit that they forgot to tell me. Aargh!
After a mildly frustrating day my evening culminated with a visit to Far West and Liberty Jail. For those of you who are familiar with the history of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints you will understand the importance of these two places in the history of the Church. Sadly the visits were far too rushed but I was able to appreciate the feeling of history and peace that abounded in both locations. It was very easy to see why the early saints chose to settle in Missouri. They countryside is beautiful and green as far as the eye can see -- from horizon to horizon. As I mentioned there wasn't a lot of time for exploring, but I did get a few pictures (gotta love the dogwood trees).
And might I add...If the state of my hair in Missouri is any indicator that Missouri will one day be the new Zion, I believe it is true. My hair is fabulous here! if only I was more photogenic...that is NOT a request for compliments, just an actual fact.
No comments:
Post a Comment