People Watching
As I type this entry I am sitting in Panera Bread looking out over a bright orange statue of Shiva the Destroyer--insert Runaway Bride quote here--eating a Fandango Salad and a Turkey Artichoke panini sandwich which cost me $10 - a far better choice then the $29 luncheons I've attended this week.
I have seen many interesting people as I've been eating my lunch...Genealogists, teenagers, the tiny lady who ordered 6 ice teas...how will she carry them? You name it I've seen it.
But there are two people in particular that deserve mentioning, I only wish my desire for and respect for privacy did not prevent me from taking a few snapshots...oh for the spectacle camera where a simple push of a button on the bow of one's spectacles could capture so many wonderful things, like these two gems:
1) the white haired granny decked out in pink and rhinestones, complete with a pink cowboy hat with a feather boa trim. I kid you not.
2) The man in the Revolutionary War uniform, complete with 3-cornered hat. Once again, I kid you not.
Something tells me we're not in Kansas anymore!
an eclectic smattering of the comings and goings of a vivacious, stunning, elegant, beautiful, witty, amazing, talented, brilliant, glamorous, distinguished, fabulous, pesky, cute, trendy, magnanimous and most recently--INDOMITABLE, 30-something-year-old woman as she explores the many splendored things offered by a very strange world.
Saturday, May 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Recent Ruminations (and those not so recent)
You've Gotta Love This!
Fun ways to waste your time...
- Amazing Magic Gopher
- American History Timeline
- American Memory (Library of Congress)
- Chronicling America (Library of Congress)
- Etsy
- Grand Ole Opry
- Kidz World
- Mr. Picassohead
- Page by Page Books
- Panda Cam (National Zoo, Washington, DC)
- Star Wars Shop
- United States Holocaust Memorial Museum
- Volcano Cam (Mount St. Helens, Washington)
- Wordles
2 comments:
I believe Tim should invent the common spec-cam and make us all rich as well as providing the ability to share our people-watching. Hmmm... There are times that all the description in the world can't convey what a little ol' picture would!!!
z takes pictures of people while they're watching him do it. It's things like this that make me wonder why he says I'm the uncouth one...
Post a Comment