Thursday, May 15, 2008

Kansas City - Day 4


Slept in a little. Went to an 8:00am class on Civil War pension records. Went to Panera Bread for breakfast...i was very hungry but only ate a french toast bagel with honey walnut cream cheese. It was delicious. There wasn't a 9:30 class i was interested in so i wandered (via The Link) over to the Union Station to take some pictures and to see what all was there. They are currently having the "Bodies Revealed" exhibit. I didn't go. I did find this crazy railroad bridge that I took a walk on. it was pretty cool.


did i mention that the Union Center is a fully operation Amtrak station? Trains come and go all day. It was pretty cool. Unfortunately a lot of the pictures didn't turn out with my small digital camera and i could have had tons of fun with my Canon rebel. i definitely need to invest in a small travel tripod.


I got to collect tickets at the FamilySearch luncheon (yeehaw!) and I attended a very interesting class on websites for researching genealogy in the United Kingdom. I will be checking those out.


Tonight I went to the WWI Memorial and Museum. It was pretty cool. I'll admit I don't know much about WWI, though I do recall I have a great uncle who is buried at Flanders Field. After tonight I think I'd like to learn more about it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Look at you blogging on a daily basis! I'm impressed! I think that I need a job where I'm out of town more. Too bad you have to work when a company sends you! :)

bluestocking23 said...

Are we calling this work? Sheesh. (Glad you're having some fun and getting to see some interesting things!)

Recent Ruminations (and those not so recent)

You've Gotta Love This!